7.08.2010

book club





i gauge the success of a vacation by one thing: how many books i am able to read. last year's trip to new york was epic. i think i read eight books that week. {amongst other things mind you, i don't just sit around all day} this year's trip to st. thomas was equally successful. i didn't quite hit eight, but what can you do? i really loved the help. all of the books were intriguing / intense / insightful, but that was the one that got me through the most wretched night of sleeping on the floor of the dallas airport. so it holds a special place in my heart. read any of these? care to discuss? i always love a good book re-hash.

2 comments:

  1. I am reading The Help as we speak. (and by speak I mean type). So far I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to be more like you. Maybe I should borrow a big stack of books while I'm there and start making a dent in them. I have been such an unmotivated reader the last while. I want to get back into it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Analytics