11.04.2009

i will probably be a cat lady

i was cleaning out my purse and pondering tonight. (yes, cleaning my purse out takes so long that i have the time to ponder things) and it led me to think of the following scenario:

say i am walking along the sidewalk and i pass out. blacked out. cold. probably due to a sugar overload. say that i just so happen to have my wallet with me (the first clue that this scenario is highly unlikely) and some kind stranger decided to help - or rob - me. i wonder what they would think as they rifled through the stuff in my oh so trendy seven years ago American Eagle wallet:

1 - a fifty cent piece (+ thirteen cents)
2 - 4 earring backs (where are the earrings?!)
3 - my official charter member card for the beanie babies club
4 - a drivers license that expires in two weeks (um...oops)
5 - a tiny plastic sample spoon from hello yogurt (who knows when you will run across a friend with ice cream and if they refuse to share because of germs voila! out comes the sample spoon)
6 - an investigator appointment card mike sent me on his mission
7 - my high school activity year (sophomore year - BAD highlights - too much eyeliner)
8 - an expired coupon for 20% off GAP
9 - a receipt from Family T's on Balboa Island where i bought a hoodie at 6:12:19 pm on December 29, 2007
10 - a buckle card with only 4 punches left!
11 - a yellow sealing card with info: michael madsen harding - october 3, 2008 - 1:00 pm
12 - huh. i wonder where my debit card is. it's probably in a cupholder in the neon. i hope.

i don't know what a random person would think, but i think i should clean out my purse more often. the good news is that now i can finally answer those awfully gross vikings at the end of the capitol one commercial.

5 comments:

  1. i love you. there is way too much cleverness in this post for me to respond with anything remotely clever from my own brain. but i love you. the hello yogurt spoon - YES. the sealing card warmed my heart. and i think i had a similar gap 20% off coupon that i used as a bookmark all summer. mine also expired. was it orange, by chance?

    i will see you in THREE WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love you! lets go to hello yogurt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to yogurt with you and Ang!! And pizza factory, and Cafe Rio, and maybe even Costa! Oh the sacrifices we make for those we love!! This was such a funny post and I have to tell you that my purse is equally scary. Funny when we clean it out, what we find!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel as though our bond has just grown exponentially! I, too, was a charter memeber of the beanie babies club. And yes, I believe I still have my memebership card as well as the blue bear 'Clubby'. We MUST talk soon and compare collections! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you have a beanie babies charter member club card...HELLO nerd! Ok, I won't tell you then that I have a couple hundred beanie babies. Lily will like them some day, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha I like your blog. You are funny.

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Analytics